My home state of Pennsylvania is turning into the political equivalent of the Shoot Out at the OK Corral. Lots of ink has been spilled, video shot and cyberspace occupied with talk of the importance of the Keystone state and tonight’s debate televised on ABC.
A couple of observations:
- Moderators Charlie GIbson and George Stephanopoulos tried mightily to zing Obama on every ridiculous controversy from the “bitter” remark to his lack of enthusiasm for wearing flag lapel pins. Obama generally handled himself well.
- Hillary Clinton continues to whine about everything. Her remarks about her grandfather the factory worker were a bit much. I doubt that she changed the minds of many Pennsylvania voters with her attempts to smear Obama.
- Neither candidate was particularly convincing about Iraq. Will Hillary Clinton really pull out of Iraq if the generals on the ground tell her that the results would be disastrous?
- Are either of them really not interested in being vice president?
- I still don’t understand Clinton’s explanation for “misremembering” about being under gun fire in Bosnia. How can you forget something like that?
Obama won the debate and may squeak out a victory in